Thursday, June 20, 2019

Villainous Ramblings of the Step Monster

So years have gone by and nothing really has changed other than we are all older. In her mind, I am still the villain, taker of her father, woman who sees more than she'd like, and step monster.

Years have gone by and I have tried to be different, loving and as understanding as humanly possible.

Years have faded my need to be accepted, loved or even like by her. The years have gone by, and still at least once a year I am reminded that you really needed your mom when you were little. You needed to be parented, you needed boundaries, you needed to learn how to accept NO as a complete sentence.

Now we are here, this year and now. I now completely understand that our relationship will never change. You also need to understand that I no longer care. I don't care when you're sad, hurt, happy, feeling loved, feeling overwhelmed or feeling contempt. I just simply have given up on you.

Years have gone by, now we are through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Isn't it Funny

 Life is funny. We get fat, we get skinny. One day you cut all of your hair off, the nest you're growing it out. Some days I feel like a...